Unix Password Change
SLAC's Unix password change form
If you get an error using this form, restarting your
browser may fix it.
General Password Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 characters.
- Cannot be dictionary words, your name, your account name, or common strings.
- Use at least 3 of 4 character sets: uppercase, lowercase, numerals, symbols.
- Do not use spaces in your password.
* If your password has not expired, you can also log
onto a SLAC unix computer (such as iris or rhel6-64) and change your password
using the 'password' command (/usr/local/bin/password).
* If your password has expired and you do not remember the
old password, contact the SLAC IT Service Desk at 650-926-4357, or click
Direct questions about this form to: